Salary: € 60.000 – € 70.000 a year
End: 18-07-2025 with possibility for extension
Hours: 32 – 40 hours/week
For our client, a leading supplier of lithography machinery, we are looking for an Experienced Security Engineer.
Are you an experienced Security System Engineer with a passion for innovation and complex challenges? We are looking for an (IT) enthusiast engineer, who has experience with managing, automating and improving infrastructures and endpoints to join our growing Cybersecurity Engineering team.
Our client brings the most creative minds in science and technology togheter to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Through real-time detection and response, the Cyber Defense Center (CDC) mitigates the damage caused by threats that circumvent preventive security measures and protects client information.
To enhance our Cyber resilience, the Cybersecurity engineering team continuously develops and onboards new detection and response capabilities on a global scale.
The team works closely together with other security functions and other teams utilizing our shared in-depth knowledge in this effort to secure the business for all our stakeholders.
The Senior Security System Engineer will work closely with IT, DevOps, and Engineering to lead the effort to deploy, implement, and maintain our security tools and platforms to ensure we can securely deliver our services, and enable both business and operation teams to be able to deliver their services. The primary responsibilities of this roles include:
- Implements and supports (new) programs, enterprise security architecture and oversight under the direction and leadership of the Product Owner (PO) or team lead.
- Identifies security enhancement opportunities and the implementation of solutions.
- Assists in the development, configuration, implementation and maintenance of information security products, policies, programs, standards, procedures, and controls.
- Supports technology with the development and implementation of the disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Proactively prevent problems, automate standard tasks and improve our (security) frameworks, documentation, tools, processes, and methodologies.
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and various decision-making sessions to ensure that (security) requirements and considerations are woven into the development practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Level of education
Bachelor’s or master’s Degree in a technology related field (e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
- 7+ years of relevant System Engineering experience in an enterprise environment.
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining (hybrid) cloud or private cloud environments.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/ self-motivated.
- Programing or scripting language such as Python.
- Critical thinking and contextual analysis abilities.
- Investigative and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Team player, can-do mentality.
- Stress resistant and natural multi-tasker.
- Result driven.
- Strong written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Enclose a personal motivation from the candidate for this position.
Willingness to learn new technologies and obtain and maintain required technical certifications.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, exhibit a positive attitude, and collaborate with others to provide high level of stakeholder demand.
Understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols used to support switching, routing, and logical access control functions.
Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and work with frequent interruptions.
Ability to adjust and adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic environment.
Proficient in English (business language), German is a plus.
Shift: Dayshift (3 days working in the office)
Any one of the following certifications: CCNA, CISSP, AZ-500, or other similar.